Learn School Branding Basics in Oct. 28 Tweetchat
October 2014, Volume 38, Issue 2
NAESP has teamed up with the Texas Elementary Principals and Supervisors Association (TEPSA) for a National Principals Month tweetchat on a very hot topic: school branding.
Join the “Social Media and School Branding” chat on Tuesday, Oct. 28 at 8 p.m. Eastern for a discussion on the ins and outs of school branding—from logos to mottos to messaging. The hashtag for the chat is #prinmonth.
The questions will be:
- Why is school branding important? How do you make time to share the message of your campus?
- Facebook or Twitter or other? How do you choose appropriate platforms to share your message?
- How do you get students, teachers, and community members involved in the branding process?
- What are the dangers of not embracing branding?
- Who is doing a great job of school branding already? Any examples?
- What are the next steps to enhance your school brand?
New to Twitter chats? Participating is easy. Here’s what to do:
- Log in to Twitter before the chat starts and introduce yourself with your name and school, using the #prinmonth hashtag in your message.
- Search for the hashtag #prinmonth to see the feed of questions. You can also use a tool like TweetChat or Hootsuite to track the hashtag.
- Questions will be asked with the labels “Q1,” “Q2,” and so forth. Respond to the questions by tweeting your ideas with “A1,” “A2,” and so on. Include the hashtag #prinmonth.
This chat caps off a month of celebration for National Principals Month. The festivities have included:
- 31 Days of Bright Ideas and Best Practices: All month, we’ve shared strategies, inspiration, and ideas from the 2014 class of National Distinguished Principals. Learn these exceptional leaders’ tricks of the trade by liking us on Facebook.
- Strategy-Packed Twitter Chats: NAESP partnered with several organizations to host a series of Twitter chats in October for National Principals Month and Connected Educator Month. The final #cpchat will be Thursday, Oct. 30 at 8 p.m. (Eastern).
- Annual Principal Shadowing Day: A centerpiece of NAESP’s National Principals Month is the annual principal shadowing program, a joint initiative with NASSP and the Department of Education. Next week, senior officials from the Department of Education have the opportunity to walk a mile in principals’ shoes for a day. The program wraps up with a briefing session on Oct. 30 with U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan.
- National Distinguished Principals Celebration: On Oct. 16-17, the 2014 class of NDPs was honored in Washington, D.C. for their outstanding contributions to their school communities. Established in 1984, the program honors principals from both public and private schools and schools from the United States Departments of Defense Office of Educational Activity and the United States Department of State Office of Overseas Schools for their exemplary achievements.
Copyright © 2014. National Association of Elementary School Principals. No part of the articles in NAESP magazines, newsletters, or website may be reproduced in any medium without the permission of the National Association of Elementary School Principals. For more information, view NAESP’s reprint policy