Effective date: 01/10/2019
Collection of Information: Personal DataWe collect information (whether online, by telephone, or by paper) that enables NAESP to identify or contact you (“Personal Data”) to carry out its association purposes. NAESP’s Site collects this information for a variety of association uses, including but not limited to, applying for membership, registering for a newsletter or publication, registering for an NAESP event or program, purchasing NAESP products or services, or otherwise interacting with NAESP.The types of Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
- General data (e.g., names, birthdays, home and business addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers that are provided voluntarily by our members, customers or website visitors; and Internet Protocol address)
- Professional data if voluntarily submitted by our members, customers or website visitors
- Other identification information (e.g., photographs)
- Financial information (e.g., credit card numbers for membership dues payments or for product purchases
- Sensitive Personal Data (e.g., racial or ethnic origin, and disability data) for diversity or accessibility purposes
Collection of Information: Non-Personal DataWe collect information (whether online, by telephone, or by paper) that does not directly identify you as you interact with our Site (“Non-Personal Data”). The types of Non-Personal Data we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Site usage (e.g., browsing history, search terms, number of clicks, referring/exit pages, date/time stamp, time on Site)
- Products and services viewed, including advertisements for such products and services
- See the section entitled: “Cookies/Tracking Technology” for more disclosures about information collected
User ID and PasswordCertain areas of our Site requires the use of a user ID, e-mail address, or password as an additional security measure that helps protect Personal Data and allows you to update it. To help you protect your privacy, the Site has tools to help you log in and log out.
How We Use Your Personal DataIn addition to the uses described above, we use your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways, including but not limited to the uses below, in order to:
- Identify you when you visit our Site
- Carry out our obligations arising from your membership, or any other contracted interest into between you and NAESP, and to provide you with the information, products and membership services that you request from us
- Provide our newsletter and other publications to you, provided you have given your consent
- Notify you about changes to our membership services
- Provide service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, program registrations and customer service messages
- Notify you about and provide you with information about NAESP events, speakers, sponsors and other attendees
- Organize events that you have purchased or registered for
- Provide products, information and services you request or that we think you may be interested in
- Respond to your e-mails or online requests for products, services, or information
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Site
- Deliver and process surveys
- Administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing research, statistical and survey purposes
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising on this site
How We Use Non-Personal DataIn addition to the uses described above, we use your Non-Personal Data, sometimes combined with Personal Data, in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing research, statistical and survey purposes
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising on this site
How We Share Your DataWe share your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways, including but not limited to the items identified below:
- We share data with third parties to fulfill service requests and to perform business functions (e.g., NAESP contracts with third parties to provide services on our behalf such as data hosting services; packaging, mailing and delivering services; customer support and consulting services; and event registration services)
- We share data with third parties as required by law or to protect NAESP in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on NAESP; (b) protect and defend NAESP’s rights or property; or (c) protect the personal safety of NAESP personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances
- We share data with third parties to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you professionally or personally (e.g., publications, training, or member product discounts). Users can request that their information be removed from such lists by sending us an e-mail at Contact NAESP General Information or by telephone at 703-684-3345 as set forth in the “Privacy Contact Information” section below.
- We share data with third parties under other unanticipated situations, but only with your consent.
- We share your e-mail address, but only as permitted by the NAESP E-mail Policy, as follows:Your e-mail address will be used only by NAESP, its entities and NAESP vendors performing member services, or offering products on NAESP’s behalf. Please understand, however, that in such cases, your e-mail address may be visible to others who have an interest in the principals’ profession and NAESP events. NAESP also shares your e-mail address with third parties to enable NAESP to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Finally, NAESP shares e-mail addresses with third parties as necessary for NAESP to perform certain services on our behalf, such as packaging, mailing and delivering products and processing event registrations and to respond to your service requests.
Distribution of InformationWe may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data SecurityYour personally identifiable information is kept secure. We take precautions to protect your Personal Data, both online and offline. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All e-mails and newsletters sent from this Site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Correction and removalIf any of the information that we have about you is incorrect, or you wish to have information (including Personal Data) removed from our records, you may do so by visiting your NAESP Profile, or contacting us at Contact NAESP General Information.
Your European RightsFOR EUROPEAN RESIDENTS ONLY. You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you before collecting your Personal Data if we intend to use your Personal Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right by contacting us using the Contact Us section on our Site.Under European data protection law, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data. You may have the right to request access to any Personal Data we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the Personal Data, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the Personal Data has been shared, where possible, the period for which the Personal Data will be stored, the source of the Personal Data, and the existence of any automated decision making
- Request correction of your Personal Data. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you
- Request deletion of your Personal Data. You may have the right to request that Personal Data held about you be deleted
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Data
- Request restriction of processing your Personal Data Request transfer of your Personal Data. You may have the right to request transfer of Personal Data directly to a third party where this is technically feasible
- Withdraw your consent to use of your Personal Data.