As an administrator, you lead school communities because you have a passion for it—but that passion often results in you putting your students, staff, and faculty ahead of yourself. You embed social-emotional learning (SEL) into every aspect of your students’ learning. Now, NAESP and NASSP believe it’s time for you to put the focus back on yourself and your social-emotional needs through the new SEL Leadership Cohort.
About the SEL Leadership Cohort
Led by Harmony-Inspire through the 2022-2023 school year, NAESP and NASSP members have the opportunity to connect with, enjoy, and empower one another through discussions, administrator spotlights, and Inspire activities. This cohort is for school leaders to check in and interact with one another, learn, and access free resources and extension activities to further support SEL in their school communities.
The 2022-2023 SEL Leadership Cohort offers six opportunities to learn. Click below to view each leadership resource.
- Sept. 20, 2022 | Self-Compassion with Crystal Collins, Ph.D., Director of Guidance, Counseling, and Mental Health, Spring ISD-Gordon M. Anderson Leadership Center
- Oct. 18, 2022 | The Brain and SEL with Andy Jacks, Ed.D., principal of The Nokesville School in Nokesville, Virginia, and Senior Fellow of the NAESP Centers for Advancing Leadership
- Nov. 15, 2022 | Problem Solving for Educators
- Jan. 17, 2023 | Understanding the Brain to Get to the Heart of SEL
- Feb. 21, 2023 | Cultivating Healthy Relationships in the Workplace
- March 21, 2023 | Leadership and Forgiveness with Jamie Selfridge, principal of Caribou High School in Caribou, Maine