Join Us for Take Down Tobacco National Day of Action
Topics: NAESP Partner
Take Down Tobacco is a National Day of Action that empowers people to stand up and speak out against the tobacco industry. Every spring, hundreds of communities hold events and rally together to Take Down Tobacco.
Youth e-cigarette use remains a public health crisis with over 2 million middle and high school students using e-cigarettes. The National Day of Action is an opportunity for principals, youth advocates, parents, and educators to easily organize events that raise awareness on how e-cigarettes pose serious risks to the health of young people and encourage students to reject the tobacco industry’s deceptive marketing and stay tobacco-free.
This year’s National Day of Action takes place on April Fools’ Day; youth across the country will join together to call out Big Tobacco’s bluff and expose them for who they really are: jokers who gamble with people’s lives.
The stakes couldn’t be higher. It’s now more important than ever that protect our young people from nicotine addiction. Join our movement on April 1!
How to Get Involved
Visit takedowntobacco.org to find:
- Our Activities Database, which is full of ideas for creating fun, impactful events;
- An interactive, online Joker Takedown card game that you can use to educate and activate people in your community;
- A robust digital toolkit for hosting your own event (in person or digital) to maximize its impact;
- A place to sign up to receive updates on this year’s Day of Action; and
- An interactive resource bank to support youth-led community engagement activities, all hosted by the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids.