Healthy Habit Tips For Students
Topics: NAESP Partner
The final bell for the 2020-2021 school year has rung, so it is now time for some summer fun! To say it has been a challenging and atypical school year would be an understatement, and both teachers and students deserve some time to relax and enjoy the warmer weather. As we head into these exciting months, Lysol wants to share some reminders to help you and your students enjoy summer to the fullest.
Here are five healthy habit tips to remind your school communities about throughout the summer:
- Practice healthy habits: Continue to practice good hygiene habits like covering coughs and sneezes, washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Keep moving this summer: Warmer weather means more opportunities to spend time outside, go on walks, and stay active! The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends everyone get at least 150 minutes of aerobic physical activity every week.
- Protect your skin: Even if it is cloudy or you are only going to be outside for a short period of time, don’t forget to apply sunscreen. The CDC recommends using broad spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 15, in addition to wearing layered clothing.
- Stay hydrated and eat a healthy diet: Being conscious about what you are eating and drinking is key to maintaining a healthy summer. Be sure to eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and focus on drinking water in place of sugary drinks. Place an extra emphasis on water consumption when you will be spending extended amounts of time in extreme heat to prevent dangerous situations because of dehydration.
- Begin planning for a healthy 2021-2022 school year: While you’re out and about having fun, it’s never too early to do a little prep work for the upcoming school year! Check out Lysol.com/HERE for lesson plans and resources for children pre-k to fifth grade to support healthy habits in the classroom.
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy summer!