Virtual Workshop: The Science and Practice of SEL in Early Childhood
Event Categories: Webinars, Professional Learning
In this workshop, Dr. Stephanie Jones, Professor at Harvard University, will review the science of social and emotional learning (SEL). Dr. Jones will focus on the essential SEL skills that students in early childhood classrooms need, the developmental progression of these skills, and the evidence documenting links between the attainment of these skills and future outcomes for students.
Participants will learn:
- The critical role that social-emotional skills and related interventions play in children’s mental health, behavioral, and academic success.
- The core elements of successful practice in the social and emotional domain focusing on strategies and practices for adults, young children, and classrooms.
- Powerpoint slides
- Re-imagining social-emotional learning: Findings from a strategy-based approach
- EASEL Lab – Harvard University
- Saul Zaentz Early Education Initiative