Webinar: The Science and Practice of SEL in Early Childhood
March 22, 2023 | By
In this workshop, Dr. Stephanie Jones, Professor at Harvard University, reviews the science of social and emotional learning (SEL) and focuses on the essential SEL skills that students in early childhood classrooms need, the developmental progression of these skills, and the evidence documenting links between the attainment of these skills and future outcomes for students.
- The critical role that social-emotional skills and related interventions play in children’s mental health, behavioral, and academic success.
- The core elements of successful practice in the social and emotional domain focusing on strategies and practices for adults, young children, and classrooms.
- Powerpoint slides
- Re-imagining social-emotional learning: Findings from a strategy-based approach
- EASEL Lab – Harvard University
- Saul Zaentz Early Education Initiative
Copyright © 2023. National Association of Elementary School Principals. No part of the articles in NAESP magazines, newsletters, or website may be reproduced in any medium without the permission of the National Association of Elementary School Principals. For more information, view NAESP’s reprint policy.