Session notes from "Time Management: Total Control & Peace of Mind," presented by Frank Buck.
When using a digital filing and task system, program should have the ability to:
- Sort by due date and assign priority
- Repeating tasks
- Note section in each task
- Communicate with email
- Sync across all devices
- Voice input
What were the speaker’s best quotes?
- Having a system of organization allows for more thoughtful actions.
- Digital problems require digital solutions.
What were the top ideas from the session?
- Have an “in,” “out,” and “pending” box or basket to organize your day and keep focused on the day.
- Make digital task list detailed enough to make the task easy to start.
- When you consolidate all of your tasks in one place, you become more efficient and able to delegate appropriately.
- ETR – Expect to receive notation on task list for tasks or items other people owe me.
- Write out my “Fab 5”. If I am only going to get 5 things done today, these are the most important.
What are resources you will check out?
- Outlook, drag and drop email to calendar to create an event
Notes by Christopher Bailey, Clack Middle School, Abilene, Texas.