Web Resources: May/June 2014
Building Teacher Capacity
May 20, 2014 | By
- Read “Assessing Teachers: A Conversation With Charlotte Danielson,” from the Principal archives, to learn how to maximize the Danielson model.
- “Time-Saving Teacher Evaluation Solutions,” from the Principal archives, provides innovative tips that range from data to scheduling to delegating.
- NAESP’s advocacy Web page is the clearinghouse for NAESP’s advocacy priorities. On it you can access ESEA reauthorization recommendations, resources on key issues such as teacher evaluation and E-Rate, and information about NAESP’s Federal Relations Network, which provides members updates on the latest policy trends.
- “Plan a Principal for a Day Program,” from the Communicator archives, provides a planning checklist for hosting a shadow day at your school.
- Visit the Edcamp Foundation website for more information on how to plan an “unconference,” which provides educators an avenue for free, spontaneous, and interactive workshops.
- In “Flipping Reading,” from the Principal archives, principal Joe Corcoran provides a case study for extending reading lessons beyond the classroom walls for struggling students.
- Visit the National PTA website to access their Parents’ Guides to Student Success series. The guides, which are available in English and Spanish, explain what students should be learning in English language arts and mathematics in each grade, once Common Core is fully implemented.
- Access all of the articles in the Building Bridges series, which focuses on supporting English-language learners. Topics covered include collaboration, cultural proficiency, and ELL shadowing.