Leadership Conversations: Navigating Blind Spots and Transforming Teams
Hosted by NAESP member, author, and keynote speaker Adam Welcome, NAESP Leadership Conversations is a new way to bring you professional learning and in-depth conversations from thought leaders in the field. Through these conversations, you’ll learn strategies to do your job better with more satisfaction, collaboration, and flexibility and gain tools you can use daily.
In this episode, you will hear from Jon Gordon, author and keynote speaker, as he will teach you how to develop a more positive mindset.
- Blind spots in your leadership will appear when there are areas of resistance. Challenges will arise, but you must look within to see what you can change.
- Remember, leadership is how I can get better TODAY.
- Walk around your school, listen, talk, and learn. Ask yourself, how connected is the staff? Do you work together and for each other?
- Practice gratitude. When you appreciate, you elevate your mood, performance, and people around you. Tune in to the positive, not the negative.
- We all need brief moments of recovery and recharge. Take a moment to catch your breath, refocus, and recharge.
- Your purpose must be greater than your challenges. Don’t chase success, make a difference and success will find you. Don’t seek happiness, work with purpose and passion and happiness will be a byproduct of that.
- Think about the current state of your school culture and environment. We all have mission statements, but are we on a mission together?
- How can you to identify your blind spots in leadership?
- What steps can you take to analyze your school differently?