Episode 10: Professional Learning: Why It Matters and How Principals Can Help Save #TitleII
Guest: Dr. Stephanie Hirsh, executive director of Learning Forward. Learning Forward has more than 10,000 members and 40 state and provincial affiliates focused on building the capacity of leaders to establish and sustain highly effective professional learning. In this episode, we discuss professional learning and explore these questions:
- What does effective professional learning look like?
- How has ESSA’s definition of professional learning impacted the field?
- What’s the number one motivator why educators become invested in professional learning?
- How can professional learning be a high-leverage policy in helping to retain and support teachers in the profession?
- What do millennial educators want in their professional learning?
- What are concrete steps principals can take to help preserve Title II funding?