Club Connect Brings New Support to Schools
October 2013, Volume 37, Issue 2
Principals nationwide are signing up their schools to participate in Club Connect, NAESP’s exclusive new partnership with United Way. Club Connect raises funds for your school, education programs in your community, and resources for principals through the NAESP Foundation.
Since the program’s introduction at our national conference in August, schools in seven states are launching fall campaigns and more are requesting implementation kits each day. In Miami, the entire school district has adopted the program and will be running campaigns in every school!
United Way Club Connect is an annual membership program that delivers value to students and adults. To join, individuals purchase a membership card for $15 and receive a year’s worth of benefits.
Each United Way Club Connect membership includes:
- Student access to UnitedWayClubConnect.org, an engaging and fun online destination designed to inspire a love of reading and encourage giving back.
- Valuable coupons worth hundreds of dollars from nationally recognized brand partners for use throughout the year.
Here’s how the program works:
- Encourage your school community to sell $15 United Way Club Connect membership cards to families, friends, and community supporters.
- Your school keeps $4.75 of each membership sold.
- At the end of your school’s program, the remaining $10.25 for each membership sold is sent to United Way Club Connect, along with any unsold cards.
- Memberships are on an annual basis. Your school can run a United Way Club Connect program each year.
To learn more and to request your implementation kit, visit www.unitedwayclubconnect.org/schools.
Copyright © 2013. National Association of Elementary School Principals. No part of the articles in NAESP magazines, newsletters, or website may be reproduced in any medium without the permission of the National Association of Elementary School Principals. For more information, view NAESP’s reprint policy