Building Social and Emotional Skills at Home
Educators help students learn all sorts of new things, including social and emotional skills. Social-emotional learning helps kids:
- Develop healthy identities;
- Manage emotions and achieve personal and collective goals;
- Feel and show empathy for others;
- Establish and maintain supportive relationships; and
- Make responsible and caring decisions.
Share this Report to Parents with your school families so they can bridge social-emotional learning from the classroom to the home.
How to Use
A pdf of this resource—created with your school families in mind—is available for download below in English and Spanish. It’s also available in a social media graphic in English and Spanish so you can easily share it with your school families in print, in your e-newsletter, on your website, or on social media.