Arrive in Seattle Early for Mentor Training and Community Service Day
Communicator January 2012, Volume 35, Issue 5 Make plans to take advantage of pre-conference programming at the NAESP 2012 Annual Conference and Expo—Best Practices for Better Schools™—in Seattle, in March: mentor certification programming and the Fourth Annual Community Service Day.
January 2012, Volume 35, Issue 5
Make plans to take advantage of pre-conference programming at the NAESP 2012 Annual Conference and Expo—Best Practices for Better Schools™—in Seattle, in March: mentor certification programming and the Fourth Annual Community Service Day.
- There is still time to register for NAESP National Mentor Certification Program in Seattle March 19-21, 2012. Join your colleagues in participating in NAESP’s highly regarded leadership and mentor training program. Expand and refresh your knowledge of standards for principals while learning mentoring skills and best practices so you can effectively coach an aspiring or new principal through the first challenges as an administrator.
The NAESP Mentor Program includes:
- A two and one-half day Leadership Immersion Institute;
- An optional nine-month Mentor-in Training internship with your protégé; and
- National certification as a Principal Mentor for successful completion of both components.
- Join us for our Fourth Annual Community Service Day on Wednesday, March 21, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Seattle. This rewarding event, sponsored by Landscape Structures, is a powerful demonstration of commitment during the NAESP convention that raises awareness of the importance of volunteerism and of principals helping each other.
More than 100 volunteers are expected to participate in the installation of an inclusive playground for all children, regardless of their abilities, at Hawthorne Elementary School, which is a high-needs school in downtown Seattle.
NAESP’s annual Community Service Day has been described by volunteers as one of the highlights of their convention experience. View a slideshow presentation from last year’s Service Day: http://animoto.com/play/DhyLlZbkaTT6eMscuEvzyg.
Sign up to take part on the conference registration form.
Copyright © 2012. National Association of Elementary School Principals. No part of the articles in NAESP magazines, newsletters, or website may be reproduced in any medium without the permission of the National Association of Elementary School Principals. For more information, view NAESP’s reprint policy.