National Association of Elementary School Principals Unveils “100 Years of Service” Artwork and Interactive Timeline
Mementos from the past century of service and support are woven together to celebrate the association’s history.
Chicago, July 8, 2021—All year long, the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) is celebrating its 100th anniversary—a century of service, leadership, and advocacy for elementary and middle-level principals. Today, at the 2021 Pre-K–8 Principals Conference in Chicago—the same city in which it held its first annual conference in 1955—the association is unveiling a new “100 Years of Service” artwork and interactive timeline.
“As the association has evolved since 1921, it’s clear that NAESP members—the leaders in education who care deeply about what they do and cultivating student learning—are the reason the association is the success it is today,” says NAESP Executive Director L. Earl Franks, Ed.D., CAE. “This artwork represents their passion for lifelong learning as school leaders and their drive to challenge the status quo in education when facing turbulent times, and NAESP is proud to have supported them through it all.”
The “100 Years of Service” artwork and interactive timeline weaves together historical documents, selected works, and significant moments from NAESP history. Each piece shows the association’s commitment to supporting Pre-K–8 principals on their paths in education leadership and highlights the number of services, contributions, and successes that have grown along with the demands of the profession.
Take a journey through our past and experience the unwavering passion and commitment of principals through this interactive website. Help us celebrate our rich history with this social media toolkit, with sample posts and downloadable graphics to share on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Use #ACenturyOfNAESP when you post. Hear from our members just what NAESP means to them in this tribute video in honor of NAESP’s 100th anniversary.
Follow Along With #NAESP21
Whether you’re with us at the Pre-K–8 Principals Conference or you didn’t have the chance to join us this year, you can follow along with what’s happening at the conference.
- Conference Blog: This new hub is your go-to for all things conference. Here’s just a sampling of what you’ll find:
- Conference-specific support like “Know Before You Go” tips, the downloadable conference app, and instructions to turn your learning into continuing education credits;
- Tips from other principals and assistant principals to help you make the most of your networking and learning during the conference, complete with a special conference episode of the NAESP Principal Podcast; and
- Daily, peer-written articles with takeaways from keynote and concurrent sessions.
- #NAESP21 on Social Media: Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram as conference goers share inspirational quotes from speakers, takeaways and tips conference sessions, and photos of their connections—new and old.