NAESP Selects Principal Fellows in New Centers for Advancing Leadership
Nine administrators from across the nation have achieved the designation of NAESP Fellow and advanced to a new level of principal leadership.
Alexandria, VA—November 16, 2020—The National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) is pleased to announce the selection of nine principal leaders to facilitate the work of the newly formed Centers for Advancing Leadership. The work of the Centers is grounded in the belief that continuous and focused learning is the hallmark of every school leader. NAESP fellows will create experiences for the nation’s school leaders to broaden and deepen their professionalism. Through the work of the Centers, NAESP fellows will enhance the learning of school administrators by uniting principal leaders who share the interest and passion of exploring topics from a variety of perspectives.
The NAESP Centers for Advancing Leadership develop professional learning experiences around the following topics:
- Center for Innovative Leadership
- Center for Women in Leadership
- Center for Middle-level Leadership
- Center for Diversity in Leadership
Each Center is led by fellows who are well-respected NAESP members, experienced leaders with a track record of connecting with colleagues and creating powerful professional networks. Their role is to facilitate learning and professional growth related to current and emerging issues; identify and share best practices based on research; promote the essential leadership role of the principal; and create a network of colleagues with an interest in expanding their learning. Dr. Andy Jacks will serve as a senior fellow and coordinate the activities of all of the Centers.
“NAESP is proud to elevate these educational leaders to the benefit of the entire principal profession,” said NAESP Executive Director Dr. L. Earl Franks, CAE. “Peer-to-peer learning is an important lever in a principal’s professional learning playbook. Through their work with the Centers for Advancing Leadership, these fellows are poised to make a reverberating impact in the profession.”
NAESP congratulates these Centers for Advancing Leadership fellows:
- Dr. Andy Jacks, Senior Fellow, principal of Ashland Elementary School in Manassas, Virginia
- Hamish Brewer, Center for Innovative Leadership, principal of Fred Lynn Middle School in Woodbridge, VA
- Dr. Rachael George, Center for Innovative Leadership, principal of Sandy Grade School in Sandy, Oregon
- Dr. Kevin Armstrong, Center for Middle Level Leadership, DuPont Hadley Middle School, Hermitage, Tennessee
- Jessica Cabeen, Center for Middle Level Leadership, Ellis Middle School, Austin, Minnesota
- Dr. Andrea Thompson, Center for Women in Leadership, Mary Harris Mother Jones Elementary School, Adelphi, Maryland
- Jessica Gomez, Center for Women in Leadership, principal of Alice Birney Elementary School in Colton, CA
- Edgardo Castro, Center for Diversity Leadership, principal of Lincoln Elementary School in Gallop, New Mexico
- Dr. Ryan Daniel, Center for Diversity Leadership, principal of Chillum Elementary School in Hyattsville, Maryland
For more information on the NAESP Centers for Advancing Leadership contact Dr. Gracie Branch, NAESP’s Associate Executive Director, Professional Learning, at email@example.com.