The American Student Council Association is intended for student councils in elementary and middle schools.
- Student Council helps to teach skills outside of the academic curriculum such as leadership, civic responsibility, and organization and planning.
- Student Council members can be positive role models for all students in the school.
- All students in the school benefit from school spirit events, fundraisers, and community engagement.
- Student Council helps share students’ ideas, interests, and concerns with teacher, principals, and district administration.
- One year of online access to the website which includes guides for starting a council, student handouts, election information, sample documents, a project database, awards, and more.
- Discounts in the student council online store
- The opportunity to apply to be a council of excellence
- Ability for your council to be featured on the website and also in other NAESP publications