The National Association of Elementary School Principals is committed to preparing assistant principals to step into the principal role. We want to honor assistant principals who are doing a superb job in their roles. This program promotes educational excellence for pre-kindergarten through eighth grade (PreK-8) schooling and calls attention to the fundamental importance of the assistant principal. NAESP will share their successes and best practices in a practical document for other principals to utilize.
1. Candidate is a member of NAESP, an active assistant principal, has been an active assistant principal for at least two years, and will be an active assistant principal at time of nomination.
2. Demonstrates exceptional leadership in a particular school program; is respected by students, colleagues, parents, and the community at large; and sets high expectations for school staff and students.
1. NAESP state affiliates will select a representative for their states from nominations by peers.
2. NAESP will prepare and forward a certificate when the honoree is selected and NAESP has received the application.
3. NAESP will solicit and showcase their best practices in a document to be disseminated to all NAESP members.
1. The 2015-2016 program will begin September 1, 2015, and be completed by June 30, 2016.
2. The application will be available on your state affiliate's association website on September 1, 2015 and must be returned to the state affiliate in a timeline established by the state affiliate.
For more information, contact Kara Boyer at 703-518-6268.
Best Practices By State:
A special thanks to our sponsor: