Web Resources: September/October 2012
Leading Common Core Implementation
- NAESP’s Common Core Implementation Checklist determines areas where you have made progress as well as areas to focus on as you move forward.
- Learn more about Kentucky’s Leadership Networks.
Slicing and Dicing the ELA Common Core Standards
- The International Reading Association provides resources and external links to many websites relevant to current conversations on the ELA CCSS.
- In this series of three blogs, Virginia Goatley and Brenda Overturf share information and opportunities presented in the ELA Common Core.
- Learn more about the six instructional shifts of the ELA CCSS.
Access to the Common Core for All
- Find sources for evidence-based practices from the Council for Exceptional Children’s journals, TEACHING Exceptional Children and Exceptional Children, and the journals of CEC’s 17 special interest divisions.
- The Institute of Education Sciences’ What Works Clearinghouse provides evidence-based special needs interventions.
- Tap into resources and information on universal design for learning at the National Center on Universal Design for Learning website.
Early Career Principals: Working Productively With Difficult and Resistant Staff
- Read more about developing a change skill set in “Change as a Learned Behavior” from the March/April 2012 Principal.
- Secure a copy of the authors’ book, “Working With Difficult & Resistant Staff,” from the NAESP Bookstore/NPRC.
Nine Practices of Second Order Schools
- The University of Virginia’s Curry School of Education DifferentiationCentral website provides information and resources, including lesson plans, strategies, and tools, that will deepen your understanding and enhance your practice of differentiated instruction.
Flipped Classrooms 101
- The nonprofit Flipped Learning Network offers a wealth of resources, including a video library, online publications, and blogs by educators using the flipped method.
- Jerry Overmeyer maintains Vodcasting and the Flipped Classroom, a site with detailed instructions on vodcasting, information on workshops and training, and ways to network with educators.
- "Turning Around Schools With Art" describes how educators at eight low-achieving schools seek to give new meaning to the term "turnaround arts."