NAESP will host its newly designed National Leaders Conference (NLC) for State Leaders (Executive Directors, NAESP State Representatives, Federal Relations Coordinators, Presidents, Presidents-Elects, and Editors), February 24-27, 2013.
This event for State Leaders will:
- Combine the best of our summer National Leaders Conference and winter Federal Relations Conference including advocacy and policy briefings and a day of visits to Capitol Hill.
- Provide the opportunity to conduct governance activities as dictated by NAESP Bylaws, including the Executive Director’s Report, annual budget approval, and approval of Resolutions, as well as other business of the Delegate Assembly, in order to allow for a more strategic professional development focus at NAESP’s annual national conference.
- Allow leaders to meet candidates for Zone Director positions and hear from candidates for NAESP President-elect prior to the spring election (April 1-30 is the voting window).
- Prepare NAESP State Representatives and gear up for a renewed membership campaign to begin in the late spring and continue into the fall.
AGENDAS & PROGRAM
CAPITOL HILL MEETINGS
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 is reserved for you to schedule meetings with your Members of Congress. Find tips for arranging meetings with your Senators and Representatives on the NAESP Contacting Congress webpage and locate your representative in the House here and your Senators here. Once you have scheduled your appointments, please complete the online Congressional Meeting Form, so NAESP staff can better prepare you for your meetings.
- Advocacy PowerPoint Presentation
- Talking points on NAESP legislative priorities
- Talking points on budget and appropriations priorities (see also Sequestration Resourse Page)
- Talking points on school safety issues
- NAESP supported legislation in the 113th Congress
Click here to download a hardcopy of the above advocacy webinar presentation, aimed to prepare NLC attendees for meetings on Capitol Hill.
The NLC will take place at a familiar venue, the Hyatt Regency Washington Hotel, 400 New Jersey Avenue N.W., Washington, DC, (202) 737-1234.
Housing is now closed. If you still need to book a hotel room, please contact Nancy Sharbel at email@example.com or 703-518-6255.
|Customizable NLC press release 2013.doc||81 KB|