The 2014 National Leaders Conference is scheduled for February 23-25, 2014 at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel in Arlington, Virginia
This event for State Leaders will:
- Focus on strategic advocacy, leadership and membership issues, including important policy briefings in preparation for a day of visits to Capitol Hill;
- Provide the opportunity to conduct governance activities as dictated by NAESP Bylaws, including a meeting of the Delegate Assembly;
- Allow leaders to meet candidates for Zone Director positions and hear from candidates for NAESP President-elect prior to the spring election (March 1-30 is the voting window);
- Feature dynamic speakers on timely, relevant issues.
- Prepare NAESP State Representatives and gear up for a renewed membership campaign to begin in the late spring and continue into the fall.
The NLC will take place at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, 2800 South Potomac Avenue, Arlington, VA 22202, 703-413-1300. Please click here to make your hotel reservations.
CAPITOL HILL MEETINGS
Tuesday, February 25th from 10 a.m. –4 p.m. is reserved for you to schedule meetings with your Members of Congress. Please begin scheduling your appointments. Find tips for arranging meetings with your Senators and Representatives on the NAESP Contacting Congress webpage and locate your representative in the House here and your Senators here. Once you have scheduled your appointments, please complete the online Congressional Meeting Form so NAESP staff can better prepare you for your meetings. Cick here to view NAESP’s legislative priorities that will be discussed during the NLC.
Should you have questions, please call or email Nancy Sharbel at email@example.com or 703-518-6255.
Thank you for your partnership as we work together in leading the profession on behalf of elementary and middle-level principals nationwide. We are looking forward to a dynamic National Leaders Conference and hope you’ll be there!