NAESP WEBINAR: CREATING PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL SECURITY IN SCHOOLS
Presented by NAESP and Solution Tree
Description: Can your students claim a welcoming and supportive school environment? Do they feel physically and emotionally safe? Learn how you and your teachers can nurture supportive relationships with your students, develop conflict management strategies, prevent different forms of bullying, establish high expectations for students and staff, and encourage celebration. You'll also see why parent involvement supports a positive and welcoming school atmosphere.
- Learn how to integrate conflict management strategies into the school building.
- Find out how to introduce school-wide standards for student and staff problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Develop an effective whole-school policy for behavior and discipline that focuses on teaching behavioral expectations.
- Discover how reinforcement and positive rewards can improve student behavior and achievement.
- Identify ways to address and prevent bullying, including cyberbullying.
- Explore crisis planning and prevention tips.
Kenneth Williams is a former teacher, assistant principal, and principal. He shares his experience and expertise as a nationally recognized trainer, speaker, coach, and consultant in education and leadership. . Ken is the chief visionary officer of Unfold the Soul, LLC, a company dedicated to inspiring individuals and teams to perform at the highest level. Skilled in developing productive, student-focused learning environments, Ken is former principal of The Learning Academy at E. J. Swint in Jonesboro, Georgia, and Damascus Elementary School in Damascus, Maryland. His firsthand experience with transforming challenged schools translates into action-oriented presentations that inspire hope, create a clear vision, and offer practical strategies to those overwhelmed by challenges. Ken is the author of the NAESP/Solution Tree co-published book Creating Physical and Emotional Security in Schools and co-author with Robert Marzano of a new book in production.
Essentials for Principals: The School Leader's Guide to English Learners
by Douglas Fisher and Nancy Frey
School leaders will learn how to assess the individual needs of ELs, how to create a quality instructional program, and how to evaluate performance.