NAESP WEBINAR: WHAT PRINCIPALS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TEACHING AND LEARNING READING
Presented by NAESP and Solution Tree
Description : Teaching and Learning Reading (Second Edition) translates research, experience, and common sense into best practice. It provides practical strategies to help K–8 principals strengthen or improve their school’s reading program. Authors Patricia M. Cunningham and James W. Cunningham explore six truths of effective reading instruction that serve as the foundation to a successful reading program:
- Reading is complex.
- Reading First did not work.
- All schools can increase reading achievement.
- Effective literacy instruction requires a supportive, nurturing classroom environment.
- Assessment can promote or hinder good instruction.
- The school schedule affects instruction.
Patricia M. Cunningham and James Cunningham
What Principals Need to Know About Teaching and Learning Reading, Second Edition
By Patricia M. Cunningham and James Cunningham