NAESP’s Federal Relations Conference (FRC) is an annual event conducted specifically to connect building-level principals with their federal elected officials with the goal of reinforcing the important voice of Pre-K through grade 8 principals in strengthening the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). Principals who attend the FRC focus on two broad, critically important messages:
- Principals play a central role in creating and sustaining school improvement and
- Principals must have access to funds that support their professional development, which enables them to build capacity and improve teaching and learning, especially for early career principals.
The 2012 Federal Relations Conference took place February 6-8 at the Hilton Alexandria Old Town.
Materials for Congressional Appointments
- Congressional Appointments Form - online version or print version to email or fax.
- Best Practices for Successful Congressional Visits
- Issue Sheet – NAESP’s talking points on the House and Senate ESEA reauthorization bills
- Advocacy in Action – NAESP’s policy proposals for ESEA reauthorization