Gail Connelly is NAESP's sixth executive director;
she has served in this role since 2006.
Message from the Executive Director
Principals of elementary and middle schools have unlimited occasions to touch the future, for it walks through the doors of our schools every day. And because we work with young students who are just beginning the journey of formal schooling, we must be certain to provide them with specialized pedagogy, tools, and resources befitting their various developmental stages. So too must principals acquire specialized training and resources, reflective of and appropriate for supporting the talents, growth, and needs of the young children in our care. Just as we know that students often learn best from other students, principals learn best from other principals. This simple insight is what the National Association of Elementary School Principals is all about: principals helping principals so that together we can better support our students.
NAESP is the nation's only professional organization committed solely to providing elementary and middle school principals with the information, tools, and resources necessary to become more effective school leaders. We are increasingly technology-oriented and business-focused; however, we remain a principal-led, member-driven organization that is dedicated to supporting, promoting, and honoring effective school leadership. We hope you will join 25,000 elementary and middle-level principals who are members of NAESP as we work together to make a real difference for all children.
- Apr. 2013 - Reclaiming Accountability
- Oct. 2013 - Principals Help Teachers Soar
- Jan. 2012 - Start Strong, Finish Strong
- May 2011 - Milestones, Markers, and Mission
- Apr. 2011 - A Systems Approach
- Sep./Oct. 2013 - Thinking P-3
- May/June 2012 - Measuring What Counts
- Mar./Apr. 2012 - Good, Better, Best
- Jan./Feb. 2012 - There's No Time Like the Future
- Nov./Dec. 2011 - Sticks and Stones; Words and Wounds
- Sep./Oct. 2011 - Measuring Measurement
Education Week Transforming Learning Blog
Education Week Advertorials
- August 2011 - The "A" Word
- July 2011 - Cooking up Solutions to NCLB
- April 2011 - All Systems Go
- October 2010 - America's Best Idea
- March 2010 - Turnaround Times: The language of leadership catches up to the reality of practice
Gail Connelly periodically conducts interviews with educators and legislators on NAESP Radio.
|Gail Connelly photo||37.61 KB|