Data That Matters: Using a Balanced Scorecard to Summarize and Organize Data
Saturday, April 9, 4:15-5:30 p.m., Convention Center, 1st Floor, Room 16
Do you find yourself drowning in data yet starved for meaning? Do you have filing cabinets filled with data, yet you are at a loss as to how to organize and communicate what the data is showing? If you are coming to NAESP’s convention, you can get some help!
“Data That Matters” provides a single, specially formatted spreadsheet into which schools can enter and track all group or individual data. You will be able to see at a glance past performance, current performance, goals, and the degree to which the school is accomplishing its goals. During this session you will learn:
- The purpose of a balanced scorecard;
- The types of data that can be tracked using a balanced scorecard;
- The difference between leading and lagging indicators;
- How to set and record student achievement goals;
- A variety of uses for the balanced scorecard throughout the year;
- How to download and begin using the balanced scorecard; and
- How to use the balanced scorecard as the centerpiece of a strategic plan.