The American Student Council Association (ASCA), founded in 1987, is the leading resource for elementary school student councils. As a member of ASCA, principals and their student council advisors receive discounts on products and services, participation in a nationwide network of student council leaders, and the opportunity to be recognized with the Student Council Excellence Award.
If your elementary student council needs access to best practices, sample forms, timely updates, and wants to share your success stories, then ASCA membership is for you! The cost for membership is $50 for NAESP members and $75 for non-members.
Goals of ASCA:
- Develop skilled, ethical and sensitive leaders of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Encourage the development of new student councils in Pre-K-8 schools
- Promote student participation within the school and its community
- Promote effective student councils in PK-8 schools
- Encourage idea sharing among student leaders and advisors in PK-8 schools
- Encourage networking with other student leaders and advisors across the country
- Provide training and development for student leaders and advisors
- Assist student council and their leadership to focus on relevant current problems that affect them and encourage them to seek solutions to those problems
ASCA Student Council Excellence Award
Congratulations to our 2017 Excellence Award Winners!
Recognize the outstanding efforts and hard work of your student council with the ASCA Student Excellence Award! Since 1987, this prestigious award has honored excellence in leadership, citizenship, and community service.
If you need a paper application or have trouble submitting, please contact Kara Boyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All schools that complete an application receive a certificate, and participating schools will be announced on the NAESP website.
General Program Information
For more than 20 years, the American Student Council Association has recognized student councils across the nation for making a difference in their schools and communities by organizing activities such as:
- Community food and clothing banks
- Adopt-a-Grandparent programs
- School beautification projects
- Tutoring programs
- Letter-writing campaigns to soldiers overseas
- Fundraising events for disaster victims
Please let us know how we can make your student council succe