Who We Are
The National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP), founded in 1921, is a professional organization serving elementary and middle school principals and other education leaders throughout the United States, Canada, and overseas.
What We Do
Principals face many challenges in leading for the 21st century. Transformations in school systems and communities in the U.S. and around the world have greatly expanded the leadership role of principals.
NAESP advocates for the support principals need to be successful 21st century leaders—to achieve the highest results for children, families, and communities.
All of our activities are designed to help principals and learning communities achieve desired results for every child.
The Association believes that the progress and well-being of the individual child must be at the forefront of all elementary and middle-school planning and operations. Further, NAESP supports elementary and middle-level principals as the primary catalyst for creating a lasting foundation for learning, driving school and student performance, and shaping the long-term impact of school improvement efforts.
As a national organization, NAESP operates through a network of affiliated associations in every state, the District of Columbia, Canada, and overseas.
As the representative of principals who serve 33 million children in grades pre-kindergarten through 8, the Association seeks to:
- Serve as an advocate for children and youth by ensuring them access to an excellent education;
- Sustain and promote high professional standards and leadership among principals;
- Heighten public awareness of elementary and middle school education as the foundation for all future academic achievement;
- Serve as a national representative for elementary and middle-school education to Congress, the Executive Branch, state and federal agencies, the news media, researchers, educators, and other education and child advocacy groups;
- Serve as an advocate for the professional tenets and priorities of elementary and middle-school principals; and
- Ensure that education continues to be recognized as a matter of national priority.
At NAESP we pride ourselves in providing the highest quality customer service. A helpful representative is just a phone call, fax, or e-mail away to help you.
NAESP Staff Directory