The Perfect Incentive To:
- Inspire Enthusiastic School Spirit
- Strengthen Student Self-Esteem
- Promote Appreciation of the Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship
- Build Responsible, Knowledgeable Citizens
- Foster Community Service and Volunteerism
General Program Information
Too often, disruptive students command attention while the students who follow the rules and conduct themselves appropriately go unnoted.
That's why NAESP and the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) jointly administer the American Citizenship Award. Model students who receive this prestigious honor inspire and encourage other students to strive to be better citizens.
The American Citizenship Award is a collection of attractive lapel pins, medallions, and certificiates that may be presented, at your discretion, to any student in elementary, middle, or high school.
There are no "official" criteria for the American Citizenship Award. Principals bestow the award on students who:
- participate in school and/or community service
- show a positive attitude toward classmates, school, and community
- display an understanding and appreciation of civic responsibility
- possess strength of character and the courage to do what is right
- promote citizenship with their school or community through other activities.
Present American Citizenship Award (ACA) yearly awards ceremonies. This award is perfect for presenting at graduations, recognition banquets, and other special events.
Order the American Citizenship Award HERE.
For questions about ACA orders please call toll free 1-877-897-4784 or e-mail peap-ACA_orders@abdintl.com.